In these days of tight budgets and schedules, don’t let the property tax payment deadline catch you by surprise! Patsy Schultz, Fort Bend County Tax Assessor/Collector wants everyone to know that 2012 property tax payments are due by Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013 to avoid late penalties and interest.
“I encourage everyone to pay early to avoid the lines. We also have several time-saving payment options available to our taxpayers”, said Schultz.
These options include:
• Visit their website at www.FortBendCountyTx.gov to pay with a credit card. A convenience fee is charged by their third party vendor.
• Taxpayers mailing their payments should insure the payment has an official Post Office postmark date of no later than January 31, 2013. stamped. They do not accept a stamped metered date from your businesses’ mailroom.
• A drop box is located outside each tax office. Each drop box will be checked several times throughout the day on January 31, 2013. Please do not deposit a cash payment in the drop box.
• On January 31st, Richmond, Sugar Land and Missouri City tax offices will have a Peace Officer in the lobby who is also available to accept a payment as a drop off if the payment and statement are sealed in an envelope.
• The Richmond Tax Office has two drive-through lanes ready to take your tax payment.
Office hours on January 31, 2013 for all 5 Tax Offices will be 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Don’t wait until the last minute and stress over whether your payment was received in time – get your payment in today.