Master Thoroughfare Plan public meeting set for May 30
A public meeting on the update of Sugar Land’s Master Thoroughfare Plan is scheduled for May 30, from 6-8 p.m., at City Hall, 2700 Town Center Blvd. North.
The meeting will include a 30-minute presentation and exhibits where the public may review materials and make comments or suggestions.
The Master Thoroughfare Plan will update and replace Sugar Land’s Major Roadway Plan. It will define future expansion of the City’s roadway network with complete descriptions of functional classifications and design elements.
Sugar Land’s previous update of the Major Roadway Plan in 2005 focused on automobiles for achieving mobility throughout the City but did not address the needs of bicycle, pedestrian and regional transit options.
The updated plan will emphasize:
• classification and design of thoroughfares and roadways;
• coordination with adjoining municipalities and regional agencies;
• coordination with the City’s Mobility Study and Hike and Bike Master Plan;
• development of a greater variety of typical thoroughfare cross-sections;
• provisions for pedestrians, bicyclists and other transit options;
• specific large-scale projects and initiatives; and
• guidance on how the City will expand south of the Brazos River.
For more information about the Master Thoroughfare Plan update process, e-mail email@example.com.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=19847