Mark of Excellence Project Winners named in Fort Bend ISD
Six Fort Bend ISD school music organizations (representing Austin, Clements and Dulles High Schools; and Fort Settlement and Sartartia Middle Schools) have been named winners in the 2012 Mark of Excellence project.
The Mark of Excellence is a competition, entered by recordings, in which the top quarter is selected as National Winners, and the second quarter receives Commended Honors. The project consists of the National Wind Band Honors, the National Choral Honors, National Orchestra Honors, National Jazz Honors, and National Percussion Ensemble Honors. This year, 184 of the finest musical ensembles in the nation entered the competition.
The FBISD 2012 Mark of Excellence winners won in the following categories:
• High School String Orchestra – Dulles High School Honors Symphony Orchestra, directed by Michael Alan Isadore
• Middle School String Orchestra – Sartartia Middle School Symphony Orchestra, directed by Ann Victor and Sophia Hsieh
• Wind Band Honors, Class 5A – Dulles High School Honor Band, directed by Joe Pruitt
• High School Full Orchestra – Dulles High School Honors Symphony Orchestra, directed by Michael Alan Isadore
• High School String Orchestra – Austin High School Symphony String Orchestra, directed by Carolyn Vandiver
• Middle School String Orchestra – Fort Settlement Middle School Orchestra, directed by Angela Peugnet
• Wind Band Honors, Class 5A – Clements High School Symphonic Band, directed by Daniel Galloway
The Orchestra adjudicator for the project was Professor Anthony Maiello, Director of Instrumental Studies at George Mason University. The band adjudicators were: Gary Garner, former Director of Bands at West Texas A&M University; James Keene, Band Director Emeritus at the University of Illinois; and Larry Livingston, Professor of conducting and orchestra at the University of Southern California.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=24080