Are we ready to stand as a strong front and fight for our country’s survival or hand it over to the bully?
Senator Patty Murray tells America we should go over the fiscal cliff and see where the chips fall. Democrats are expecting Republicans to cave in to the “compromise” that must come into play in less than 50 days—while still no talk of reducing our spending. Arrogance exudes from Obama as he tells America “Come after me” on Benghazi and his defending Rice. Obama touted that he cared about middle class, but met with 12 top CEOs last week—with no small business representation.
Our country is in a dark place. Obama told America “When they go after the UN Ambassador, apparently because they think she’s an easy target, then they’ve got a problem with me.” No, Mr. President, you sent Rice on five Sunday talk shows, speaking for the White House. She reports to you. Are you really going to stonewall the American people that Rice spoke without accurate knowledge and without your guidance—her boss? If Rice can’t handle the tough questions, then she is not qualified to be Secretary of State. Obama really thinks the American people are buying his rhetorical bunk that his orders to the national security team were “to do whatever we need to do to make sure they’re safe”? Perhaps the 50.4% of the country will buy it but certainly not the 48.1% who have got Obama pegged. Will this be our generation’s historic embarrassing cover-up? So much for transparency.
How far should Wal-Mart go in punishing its employees if they strike on Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year? Where did United Food and Commercial Workers Union get its misguided perception that it had the right to bully Wal-Mart executives into collective bargaining? UFCW is NOT even the official union for Wal-Mart’s employees. Has the Chicago union bully tactics spread across the nation?
Union greed once again showed its face on Friday when Hostess, an 80-year-old company, an American icon, closed its doors. Unionized workforce’s high pensions and medical costs caused Hostess to enter bankruptcy for a second time in less than five years. With thousands of union members on strike and their refusal to accept reduced wages and benefits, strikers were cautioned that Hostess would shut down its operations if striking workers refused to return to work by Thursday. Ultimately, the union cost more than 18,500 jobs. Will the union be there to pick up the pieces for 18,500 families who may potentially lose their homes and their savings because of greed when so many across the country are suffering? Wasn’t a job better than no job during challenging times?
The Left still doesn’t get it. Unions were created long ago for very specific—and very good—reasons. Like technology and how the world has changed, it’s time that we relook at the fiscal destruction unions are causing taxpayers. It’s time The Hill has a serious discussion, and reform needs to come within the union structure. Unions have become disruptive—the locusts of society. Texas is a right-to-work state, so, union members, take a moment and thank your union boss that only 30% of the employees cost the other 70% of the workforce to lose their jobs, careers and retirement.
Obama is right: “The fiscal cliff could be avoided”…if only we had the best and the brightest in Congress and the White House leading our country right now.
God bless our great country and that we can turn this fiscal mess around. God bless Israel.
For comments, contact Barbara J. Carlson at Barbara@FortBendBusinessJournal.com.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=25685