SSLW celebrate 24 Years of Service
Suburban Sugar Land Women celebrate 24 years as a volunteer, non profit, 501C3, tax exempt, Fort Bend county, service organization who willingly, cheerfully, and generously provide year – round services and resources from infancy to adulthood since 1989 via five caring and compassionate service programs: Seniors Enrichment; Families Outreach; Infants thru Young Adults Development; Community Partners; and Community Involvement.
Our mission is to design, implement, maintain, and evaluate wellness, community, educational, civic, and cultural programs that build confidence and expand knowledge and skills to succeed in school and life.
Fall- Winter, 2012-2013 Community Service: monthly seniors enrichment activities; military families support; “SSLW Cares” – food, clothing, etc; prenatal – postnatal services & resources; mentoring/tutoring; first time and continuing, competitive, academic scholarships and moral support; ongoing partnerships building with individuals, families, churches, organizations, businesses, and corporations; community gardens; positive males initiative; advisory board; adopt – a – school; adopt – a- nursing facility; youth financial literacy; parents’ rights education; adopt – a – spot; how to conduct pleasant and productive meetings; and special requests.
FREE and OPEN to the PUBLIC:
- Sunday, December 23, 2012, 3-5pm, Annual Scholarship Alumni Reunion, Diane,713.252.7304
- January 01 – February 28, 2013: Scholarship Applications Available Online,www.ssslw.org
- January 01 – 31: Spring Semester School Clothing and Supplies Drive, Elise, 281.499.3097
- Saturday, January 19, 10am-12 noon, Membership Tea, Mable, 713.256.7953
- Saturday, February 23, 2-3pm: Black History Program “ Return & Reconnect”-Military Families
First Colony Library, Meeting room, 2121 Austin Parkway,
Sugar Land, Texas77479 . Cash Prizes Awarded.
Elise, Chair, 281.499.3097,email@example.com
- Friday, March 01, 2013: U. S. Mail Deadline for Receipt of Scholarship Application Packets
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=25968