Changes made to holiday garbage, recycling service in Sugar Land
Garbage and recycling pickup service in Sugar Land will not occur on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1 in observance of Christmas and New Year’s Day, respectively. The Tuesday collection day will roll to the following day, but Wednesday-Friday will remain on the regular schedule.
An additional bulky waste collection will be scheduled for both holidays. On the first service day after each holiday, residents will receive their regular solid waste collections (cart service and green waste), and they will receive a bulky waste service (bulky waste is for items too large to fit in the garbage cart; this does not include construction, demolition or hazardous wastes).
Below is the detailed collection schedule for both weeks:
• Monday: regular solid waste collection
• Tuesday: no solid waste collection
• Wednesday: Tuesday and Wednesday solid waste collection, including an additional bulky waste collection
• Thursday: Regular solid waste collection including an additional bulky waste collection
• Friday: Regular solid waste collection
Residents must have garbage, bulky waste and recycling set out by 7 a.m. to ensure service. Residents who live outside Sugar Land’s corporate city limits should contact their respective garbage providers to inquire about any holiday collection changes.
For more information, call (281) 275-2450 or visit www.sugarlandtx.gov/solidwaste.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=26300