FBISD congratulates its LEAD Principals’ Academy IV Graduates
Fort Bend ISD congratulates the 20 individuals who were recognized at the LEAD (Leadership, Excellence, Accountability and Development) Principals’ Academy IV graduation ceremony.
The LEAD Academy IV Graduating class includes:
• Melissa Bolding – Assistant Principal, Colony Meadows Elementary
• Leonard Brogan – Associate Principal, Bush High School
• Brandi Brooks – Associate Principal, Lake Olympia Middle School
• Kristi Corbitt – Assistant Principal, Burton Elementary
• Rachel Cortez – Dean of Instruction, Hodges Bend Middle School
• Greg Foulds – Assistant Principal, Dulles Middle School
• Felicia James – Associate Principal, McAuliffe Middle School
• Schmecia Linares – Assistant Principal, Quail Valley Middle School
• Theo Lowe – Assistant Principal, Ridge Point High School
• Roderick Martindale – Assistant Principal, Heritage Rose Elementary
• Samarity Miller – Assistant Principal, Garcia Middle School
• Phil Morgante – Assistant Principal, Clements High School
• Wendy Nunez – Assistant Principal, Drabek Elementary
• Hooria Qayyum – Assistant Principal, Crockett Middle School
• Tim Ramsey – Assistant Principal, Bush High School
• Philip Ranford – Assistant Principal, Highlands Elementary
• Nikki Roberts – Assistant Principal, Quail Valley Elementary
• Lori Rutledge – Assistant Principal, Garcia Middle School
• Laureen Sanford – Assistant Principal, Meadows Elementary
• Michael Yelvington – Assistant Principal, Bowie Middle School
The graduates completed eight challenging monthly sessions that are relevant to enhancing leadership skills necessary to be an effective leader. The sessions covered topics such as effective communication, realities of school finance, instructional leadership, and human resources. Participants also completed a ROPES course to help promote team building, as well as StrengthFinders sessions to help identify their leadership strengths and discover their emotional intelligence for personal growth and development.
The graduates currently hold positions as associate principals, assistant principals or Deans of Instruction at various FBISD campuses, and are eligible for future principal positions in the District.
During the ceremony, the LEAD graduates were recognized by Jim Rice, FBISD Board President; Mike McKie, Acting Superintendent; Dr. Mary Jackson, Chief Academic Officer; Gwyn Touchet, Director of Organizational Development; and Dr. Charmaine Hobin, Coordinator, Organizational Development. Board Members Jenny Bailey, Susan Hohnbaum and Grayle James and members of the 2012-2013 Leadership Academy Council also attended the ceremony.
“The LEAD Principals’ Academy is a good way to prepare FBISD educators for greater leadership roles,” said Jim Rice. “I commend our graduates on entering the program. It took a lot of dedication and sacrifice on their part to complete the program, but it will definitely serve them well for many years to come.”
This year’s LEAD Academy was facilitated by Dr. Charmaine Hobin with assistance from Gwyn Touchet and Dr. Mary Jackson.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=26723