FBISD’s G/T Academy Students create Museum on Plate Tectonics
FBISD’s G/T Academy eighth-grade students presented their “How the Earth Works Museum,” to showcase their interactive exhibits demonstrating plate tectonics. Led by science teachers Anna Murchison and Jeanette Morales, students transformed their school’s library into a mini museum, which welcomed their schoolmates, parents, District personnel and representatives of the Houston Museum of Natural Science (Houston and Sugar Land locations).
Using recycled materials, students worked in teams of 4-8 to complete projects that explained the creation of the three Tectonic Plate boundaries: convergent, divergent and transform. As guests visited the stations, the students gave short presentations, inviting guests to read their project literature, view videos and take part in interactive demonstrations.
Impressed with the quality of work the students had done, representatives of the Houston Museum of Natural Science, Sugar Land requested that certain projects be showcased at the museum. This is the second year that G/T Academy student work has been featured at the museum.
The following students had their work selected and showcased during December and January:
• C/O Continental-Oceanic Boundaries – Trey Brown, Domenic Montemayor, Joel George, Ryan Hunter, Meena Pyatt, Victoria Peters, Rachel Lu and Kelly Stuckert
• Alfred Wegener and Pangaea and Paper Folk Art Basket – Zoe Marshall, Shreya Kulkarni, Delphi Uthirakulathu, Annie Zhao, Mehar Khan and Sabrina Zhang
• Transform Boundaries – Paula Ejim, Paul Anderson, Hriday Bhatia, Conner Cline, Truth Thomas, Bryan Yu, Christine Amaefule, Ezra Washington
• Alfred Wegener and Pangaea – Srivats Srinivasan, Varun Rajaram, Serdjan Rolovic, Kevin Chen, Nathan Zheng, Alex Zhao, Eneily Rodriguez, Mia Moi
• Brochure Team/Pangaea Project – Sara Josi, Sanjana Kapoor, Madison Lam, Shruti Shah
• Divergent Boundaries – Ali Zaidi, Ashwin Hareesh, Olivia Lin, Sachin Kasetti, Sangeetha Narayan, Riley Arlinghaus
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=28587