Glover Elementary School Students named winners in Black History competition
Eleven Glover Elementary School students were named winners in the annual Black History Art, Creative Writing, Speech and Technology contest, sponsored by the Mu Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
The Glover students competed against students from surrounding school districts and private schools and earned several top awards.
Receiving awards were:
• Gabvril Clifton – 1st place, Creative Writing, 6-8
• Daizha Moton – 1st place, Speech K-2
• Darius Sanches – 2nd place, Art 3-5
• David Torres – 3rd place, Art 6-8
• Amber Avery – Honorable Mention, Technology 6-8
• Jasmine Blackmon– Honorable Mention, Technology 6-8
• Imari Chatman – Honorable Mention, Speech 6-8
• Deniro Crawford – Honorable Mention, Art K-2
• Kiara Griffith – Honorable Mention, Technology 6-8
• Monet McGee – Honorable Mention, Art 3-5
• Rayneisha Sweed – Honorable Mention, Technology 6-8
They were honored at an awards program at the Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land, where the winning art was displayed. Their teachers are Rosalind Riggs (art) and Andrea Cain (dramatic performance).
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=29406