FBISD students qualify for 2013 USA Mathematical Olympiads
The American Mathematics Competitions and the Mathematical Association of America announced the names of 264 students from across the nation who qualified for the 2013 USA Mathematical Olympiad (USAMO) and 231 students who qualified to take the 2013 USA Junior Mathematical Olympiad (USAJMO) exam. Among those students, 13 from FBISD have qualified for the exams.
FBISD USAMO qualifiers include:
• Mitchell Hwang, Dulles High School
• Steven Jiang, Clements High School
• Bobby Shen, Dulles High School
• Girishvar Venkat, Clements High School
• Lawrence Wu, Austin High School
FBISD USAJMO qualifiers are:
• Eric Li, Fort Settlement Middle School
• Hans Li, Clements High School
• Wilbur Li, Clements High School
• Angie Rao, Clements High School
• Zachary Tu, Clements High School
• Shomik Verma, Clements High School
• Byron Xu, Fort Settlement Middle School
• Alexander Yang, Clements High School
Each year, the USAMO is administered to approximately 270 students, mostly in grades 10-12, who qualify through American Mathematics Competition 12 and the American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME). The USAJMO is administered to approximately 230 students in grades 10 and under who qualify through American Mathematics Competition 10 and the AIME exams.
More information about the USAMO and USAJMO qualifying procedures, and a complete list of qualifiers can be found on the AMC website at www.amc.maa.org/.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=30102