Victoria man sentenced for role in Telfair night of terror

By LeaAnne Klentzman 

Aaron Nathaniel Reyes of Victoria was sentenced to 25 years in prison last week for his part in a violent home invasion in the Telfair subdivision nearly one year ago.

Shortly before 10 pm, on a Monday night in late September of 2012, a Sugar Land woman answered a knock at her front door of her Baldwin Crossing home to men purporting to be pizza delivery. As the victim soon learned, the men at her front door were not delivery men of any sort; they forced their way into her home at gunpoint and beat her in the head in the process. The men ransacked her home taking televisions, cash, jewelry, phones, and the family’s 2003 Toyota Camry. In December of 2012 Sugar Land Police identified Maydevis Molina, 23, of Houston, as one of the suspects in the case and said Aaron Nathaniel Reyes, 19, had been arrested for his participation in the home invasion on October 30.

During Reyes’ trial the victim testified that she opened the door to Reyes and his crew because she was expecting her son. While there was discussion at the door about not ordering a pizza, the four intruders forced their way into the home.

Testimony also revealed that Reyes had repeatedly kicked and pistol-whipped her in the head going so far as to knock out a tooth and cause serious injuries and extreme bruising.

According to the victim, she, her husband, and daughter were forced to the floor at gunpoint under threats of death and sexual assault. All three family members were bound and blindfolded with duct tape. Testimony also revealed that the intruders were in the home for as long as thirty minutes before fleeing with the stolen goods.

A tip to Crime Stoppers led to the arrest of Reyes and another co-defendant, 19 year-old Tyler Quinn.

“The level of violence here was shocking to even the most seasoned of officers and prosecutors,” said Prosecuting Attorney Thomas Pfeiffer. He and Zahra Jivani Fenelon prosecuted the case. Richmond attorney Larry McDougal represented Reyes in the 268th Distort Court of Judge Brady Elliott. While Reyes was tried before a jury, he chose to have Judge Elliott assess his sentence. With a conviction of Aggravated Robbery where a deadly weapon was used, Reyes has to serve at least one-half of his 25 year sentence before he is eligible for parole.

Tyler Quinn is set for trial for this same offense on October 21, 2013.

Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=33765

Posted by on Sep 4 2013. Filed under Crime. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google
Log in | Copyright © 2011 by Fortbendstar.com | All rights reserved.