“Operation Thanksgiving—Stuff the Squad Car and Fire Truck!” set for Nov. 23
Community unity will shine through again this year in the “Show Me City” as citizens and the City partner to assist families in need during the holiday season. One of the City’s most popular charitable events is entering its fifth year and has a new name: “Operation Thanksgiving—Stuff the Squad Car and Fire Truck!”
All City departments are collaborating to sponsor the event on Saturday, Nov. 23 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot of Public Safety Headquarters, 3849 Cartwright Rd.
Residents are encouraged to come out and fill at least 10 Missouri City police cars and one Fire & Rescue Services truck with canned and non-perishable food items. The goods will be donated to the Second Mile Mission Center, Bethel Ministry and the Fort Bend County Women’s Center before Thanksgiving.
If residents would like to drop-off donations before Saturday, Nov. 23, they are welcome to deliver them to the following city facilities:
• Police and Fire Departments, 3849 Cartwright Rd.
• City Hall, 1522 Texas Pkwy.
• Permits & Inspections in the City Hall Complex, 1522 Texas Pkwy.
• Municipal Court, 3845 Cartwright Rd.
• Recreation and Tennis Center, 2701 Cypress Point Dr.
• Police Department Mini-Station, 1700-A Texas Pkwy.
• Fire Station 1: 3849 Cartwright Rd.
• Fire Station 2: 12043 McLain Blvd.
• Fire Station 3: 2496 Texas Pkwy.
• Fire Station 4: 5955 Sienna Pkwy.
Last year, thanks to the generosity of Missouri City residents, employees, churches and community groups, the 4th annual “Operation Thanksgiving—Stuff-the-Squad Car” greatly exceeded its goal of filling 15 police cars. Additionally, 11 barrels that had been placed at several City facilities were filled to the brim with donations that were distributed to three area churches. The event’s largest single donors were Classic Chevrolet and Heritage Baptist Church; Classic contributed $1,000 in food and Heritage Baptist contributed a $500 check for food.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=35963