RailFest 2014 is on track for April 12
Rosenberg residents and visitors alarmed by the sound of thunder coming from the Rosenberg Railroad Museum don’t need to run for cover. The booming sound will be from their Annual Railfest Event rolling into town, and Rosenberg Railroad Museum officials hope it will be a signal to train enthusiasts to come and enjoy the fun, which is April 12, from 11 am – 6 pm at the Museum, 1921 Avenue F, Rosenberg.
What is Railfest? It is a great opportunity to visit the Rosenberg Railroad Museum and see railroad history that has been preserved over the last 160 years! Visitors during Railfest will
• learn about model trains as they watch the miniature world of trains in HO scale, S scale, a G Gauge layout and an Interactive Lionel layout with Thomas the Tank Engine.
• go back in time when they visit the Hobo Jungle of the 1930’s with reenactments of the Depression Era while watching the nearly 60 trains that pass each day.
• ride on a trackless train that will take the kids anywhere!
• enjoy live music back by popular demand – the Brazos River Pickers and Star Flight.
• learn from Operation Lifesaver about train safety.
• make crafts such as your own hobo bindle (sack on a stick) and more.
This day full of activities is included in the special event admission price of $6 for adults/ $5 for seniors/ $4 children. O’Henry’s Catering will make sure you don’t go hungry. Trains will be everywhere. Special exhibits and displays highlight Railfest, making it a wonderful time to visit the museum. As an added bonus, you will have the opportunity to win a Railroad Museum Birthday Party and homemade quilt that features the “Hobo Codes” sewn into the quilt.
Plenty of parking available. This event is sponsored by the Museum, Union Pacific, and local Rosenberg merchants.
While attending RailFest 2014, you might want to take the opportunity to experience the cultural arts, shopping, dining, history, antiques, or boutiques, Historic Downtown Rosenberg has to offer! Historic Downtown Rosenberg is the first and only state-designated Cultural District in Fort Bend County and 1 of only 25 in the state.
Visit www.RosenbergRRMuseum.org or call 281.633.2846 for directions and more information.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=39227