Travis High School Triathlon Team wins big at local event
Members of the Travis High School Triathlon Team recently competed in the Springs Back Triathlon in Fulshear, Texas.
The course included a 400-meter swim across an open lake, a 15-mile bike ride and a 3.1-mile run. In addition, several students completed an advanced “Olympic Distance” course which included a 1,500-meter lake swim, 26-mile bike ride and a 6-mile run.
Congratulations to the following students who placed in the 15-19 age group division:
• Justin Rose, 10th-grader, 2nd place
• Gavin Horrocks, 10th-grader, 3rd place
• Ericka Wheatley, 12th-grader, 1st place (female division)
• Taylor Davenport, 10th-grader, 2nd place (female division)
• Travis Cooper, 11th-grader, 2nd place
Additional triathlon participants included: 12th-grader Jake Polansky; 11th-graders Chris Galligher and Tyler Deiss; 10th-graders Hunter Barrows and Jay Rivera; 9th-graders Reed Hulsman, Billy Imming and Jake Prep; and staff sponsors Mat Yelvington and Colonel Charles Bagnato.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=40356