The Fort Bend Fork 05/28/14
You see it correct folks, the Fort Bend Foodie is now the Fort Bend Fork. In an effort to spruce up for spring and keep it fresh, we updated the name.
The focus is still the same bringing you handy recipes, up-to-date restaurant reviews, and food-related events and issues around the bend.
Summer is upon us, which often means serving a large group as family and friends gather to enjoy the sunshine. Here is one of my favorite “go-to” recipes, an easy casserole sure to please everybody.
CHICKEN & WILD RICE CASSEROLE
• 8 to 10 slices bacon
• 10 to 12 chicken breast halves or thighs
• 2 boxes brown & wild rice with seasoning packets
• 2 boxes whole grain & wild rice (with seasoning packet)
• 1 packet onion soup mix
• 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 2 cans if you like it creamier
• 1 lg. can mushrooms with liquid
• 2 soup cans water
1. Line bottom of 13 X 9 casserole dish with bacon to cover.
2. Spread rice from boxes evenly over the bacon, but not the seasoning packet.
3. Layer chicken pieces evenly over rice.
4. Sprinkle seasoning packets from rice evenly over chicken along with the onion soup mix.
5. Spoon cream of mushroom soup evenly over chicken & seasonings.
6. Add the mushrooms on top of soup along with the juice.
7. Add water to soup cans & pour evenly over chicken layers.
8. Cover with foil & bake at 350˚ for 1 1/2 hours.
If you have a favorite recipe you would like to share, please submit to email@example.com for consideration.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=40618