The Fort Bend Fork 07/16/14
With the heat of summer squelching our appetites or the beckoning call to keep it light and healthy, here is a quick and easy recipe for your favorite lettuce wraps.
Crispy chicken lettuce wraps
• 2 Tbsp. canola oil
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into ½-inch pieces
• 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
• ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
• 1 (8 oz.) can chopped water chestnuts, drained
• ¼ cup chicken broth
• 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
• 1 head Boston lettuce, separated into 16 leaves
• ½ cup crispy rice noodles
• Duck sauce
Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 6 minutes; remove to plate.
Add mushrooms, red bell pepper, green onions, garlic, five-spice powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until mushrooms and peppers are tender. Stir in water chestnuts, broth, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leaves and sprinkle some rice noodles on top. Serve with duck sauce for dipping.
If you have a favorite recipe you would like to share, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=41598