Fort Bend ISD board asked to call bond election July 21
On July 21, the Fort Bend ISD board was asked to call a $494.5 million bond election for November 2014. The proposal will address the district’s growth, security concerns and need for technology upgrades. There is no new tax increases associated with the bond proposal.
District officials say the measure will include five new elementary schools, funding for career and technical programs including a possible career and technical school, security enhancements and a wireless network.
Other specifics included in the official bond proposal released at the July 21 meeting include:
- $364.5 million in new construction–including new construction, facility deficiencies and facility life cycle needs.
- $30.1 million in safety and security including security vestibules, security cameras, window film and security fencing
- $15.9 million for replacement buses and GPS
- $39.4 million for technology including a wide area network/backbone refresh and wireless network
- $18.4 million for land
- $26.1 million for bond support
Short URL: http://www.fortbendstar.com/?p=41772