Every Friday this summer Sienna Branch Library will present “Camp Sienna Teen Computer Classes” for students between the ages of 13 and 18. The classes are designed to help teens navigate school assignments and create fun projects. The classes will begin at 2:00 pm, in the Computer Lab of the library, located at 8411 Sienna Springs Blvd in Missouri City.
The schedule of classes is as follows:
• June 1 – Camp Sienna: MS Publisher. Learn how to use MS Publisher 2007 to make brochures, cards, and newsletters.
• June 8 – Camp Sienna: Web Design. Learn how to create and publish a personalized webpage for free! Participants should have a basic working knowledge of computers.
• June 15 – Camp Sienna: MS PowerPoint. Learn how to use MS PowerPoint 2007 to create slideshow presentations for class projects, or just for fun! Participants should have a basic working knowledge of computers.
• June 22 – Camp Sienna: Keyboarding. Get tips on how to type with speed and accuracy so assignments can be completed in less time.
• June 29 – Camp Sienna: MS Word. Learn how to use MS Word 2007 to create a variety of documents.
The classes are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, however, and reservations are required. To register online at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Calendar,” select “Sienna Branch,” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281-238-2952, or by visiting the library.