Sugar Land’s new red-light cameras not properly justified

Dear Editor, The traffic engineering study used by the City of Sugar Land to justify two new red light cameras (westbound Hwy. 90 at Eldridge and westbound University at Elkins) was found to be deficient. This study dated Feb. 16, 2016, was performed by Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. for the city and reviewed by professional […]

Pet of the Week 01/04/17

Hello, my name is Diego.  I am a Black and Tan Beagle mix and I am just over 3 years old.  Come by and see me today.  I would love to meet you!

Pet of the Week 12/28/16

I wanted to share the story of my two boys, Sebastian and Adam. I adopted Sebastian (previously Peanut), my Chihuahua mix, last year in October after learning about him from his foster. He is currently a year and half. He was exactly what I needed in my life to make it that much brighter. He’s […]

Ticket fees, parking raise costs of shows at Smart Financial Centre

Dear Editor, I just had the displeasure of trying to purchase tickets for the new Smart Financial Centre. It appears that the only options for purchasing tickets are through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster adds a $13.50 fee to each ticket purchased plus another $5 service charge. If you wish to purchase a parking ticket, there is another […]

ROBERT JAMES BRENNER

May 5, 1947  •  December 15, 2016 Robert James Brenner, 69, passed away Thursday, December 15, 2016 in Sugar Land. He was born May 5, 1947 in Painesville, Ohio to Robert Paul Brenner and Florence Peck Brenner. Robert was a member of St. Laurence Catholic Church in Sugar Land. Robert was an Engineer and retired […]

Pet of the Week 12/21/16

Hello, my name is Snoopy.  I am a Yellow German Shepherd mix and I am almost 8 years old.  Come by and see me today.  I would love to meet you!

A-F accountability ratings don’t make the grade

Dear Editor, During the 83rd Legislative session in 2013, parents, teachers and students made it clear to state legislators that the Texas Education Agency (TEA) needed to reduce the number of high-stakes tests that were being given to high school students. The STAAR assessments went too far and overburdened students and teachers in public schools. […]

Pet of the Week 12/14/16

Hello, my name is Darcy.  I am a Tan Colored Shepherd mix and I am just over 6 months old.  Come by and visit with me today.  I would love to meet you!

JACQUELINE WHEELER MOLINA

Jacqueline Wheeler Molina, a native Houstonian died Saturday morning at her home. Born 12/15/1930 to Joseph Sanders Wheeler and Nellie Lucille Cobb Wheeler in Houston, Texas. She received her Bachelor’s degree from University of Houston. She was passionate about learning and a strong advocate for higher education. Jackie taught elementary school at J R Harris. […]

Pet of the Week 12/07/16

Hello! My name is Dakota and I am Black and Orange Domestic Shorthair mix. I am just over 8 months old. I would love to meet you. Come by and see me today!

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google