In Loving Memory of Mavis Louise Lindsay

April 10 – 1921 August 22, 2008 Sister Lindsay went to be with her Savior and Lord Jesus Christ on 8/22/2008. We have not stopped loving you. You are forever in our thoughts and prayers. Each year that passes will not diminish our love for you. Sadly missed by your family, friends and all those […]

Pet of the Week 08/23/17

Hello, my name is Myrtle. I am a black and white retriever mix and I am just over 9 years old! Come by and visit with me today. I would love to meet you!

Pet of the Week 08/16/17

Hello, my name is Dolores. I am a red short coat chihuahua and I am just over a year and a half old. I would love to meet you. Come by and visit with me today!

JEFFREY ROSS RUSSELL

SEPTEMBER 1960 • AUGUST 7, 2017 Jeffrey Ross Russell of Sugar Land, Texas passed away unexpectedly on August 7 of complications from heart disease. He was born in 1960 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina to parents Billy and Roma Russell. He is survived by his wife Christina and son Luke, of Sugar Land, brother Scott Russell of […]

Pet of the Week 08/09/17

Hello, my name is Sol. I am an orange domestic shorthair mix and I am just over 1 year old.  Come by and see me today.  I would love to meet you!

Missouri City needs out of Metro deal

Dear Editor, Is Metro Rail the answer to Houston’s commuting nightmare? It’s definitely the most expensive option, especially for Missouri City residents. Since the 1970s, Missouri City has contributed almost $80 million of its sales tax revenues to Metro, with the hope that commuter rail would come to the town. The proposed Main Street rail […]

Pet of the Week 08/02/17

Hey there my name is Oso. I have been at the shelter since July 25,2016. I was turned in by my previous owners because they didn’t have enough time to take care of me. I am very sweet and get along well with my roommates. I am heartworm positive, but my treatment has been sponsored. […]

Letters to the Editor 07/26/17

Commentary about healthcare right on the mark Dar Editor, Bravo Joe Southern! Well said! Your piece on the so called “Affordable Health Care Act” is right on the mark, absolutely accurate, honest and forthright and deserves a wider audience. Is there any way we can get it to go viral/mainstream via Facebook and Twitter? — […]

Pet of the Week 07/26/17

Hello, my name is Dallas.  I am a brown and white border collie mix and I am almost a year and a half old.  Come by and see me today.  I would love to meet you!

Pet of the Week 07/19/17

Hello, my name is JJ. I am a grey and white American hairless terrier mix and I am just over 9 years old. Come by and visit with me today. I would love to meet you!

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google