Category archives for: Community

Frances Young

July 17, 1927 – September 12, 2014 Memorial Services for Frances Gail Young, of Sugar Land, TX, are set for 1 PM Friday, September 19, 2014, at Sugar Land First United Methodist Church, with Rev. Phil Grose officiating, following a private family burial in Davis-Greenlawn Cemetery, Rosenberg, TX. Frances Gail Young was born July 17, […]

Pet of the Week 09/10/14

Oatmeal

Meet Oatmeal. Oatmeal, a one year old white and dilute calico girl who comes as a package deal with her twin sister, Kia. Kia and Oatmeal are extremely bonded (built-in playmate!) and would love a quiet home with no dogs or small children. As cooler weather approaches, there’s nothing better than snuggling up with a […]

Tha’t’s fine with me

Lynn Ashby

THE COURT ROOM – “Your honor,” I whine, “yes, I have lied and cheated, sold worthless bonds to widows, bundled doomed mortgages and forced thousands of Americans to lose their homes. True, I hid money in the Cayman Islands to avoid paying taxes. I guess you could say I did my part in bringing down […]

Proposed bond isn’t specific about Career/Tech

Star Logo-4C

I’d absolutely need specifics. It’s odd to me that they would hire at least two consultants to advise on overcrowding issues while delaying the start of ES 46 but want to allocate the 59.4 million for HB5 for the ‘unknown’ costs. As a parent; why would I support this because so far trusting in FBISD […]

Letter to McElvy

Mr. McElvy, I’m familiar with your work at the Heights paper because I worked over there awhile back. I look forward to a similar focus on news items in Fort Bend County and in particular the emphasis on crime and related issues.  We all benefit when government is reported on fairly and accurately, which you […]

Arming Teachers? Let’s Find a Middle Ground Solution, From Facebook

Dear Editor, Two issues with your article. I believe in Occam’s Razor. You touched on it at the end of your article with the concept of “marshall” who’s identity is unknown except to administration. I agree that 40 hours of training is insufficient. However, I also disagree that 6 months is hardly necessary. The teacher […]

From A Call to Action

Dear Editor, Please follow up on this overcrowding problem. My grandson was put on the wrong bus today. We waited at the bus stop 30 minutes past the scheduled time. When the bus came, my grandson was not on it. We immediately headed to the school. When we arrived, we were not the only people […]

Pulling their leg

Lynn Ashby

WANTED: The State of Texas is looking for a cat burglar. No, not someone who steals cats, but a black-clad trapeze artist who can slip through air vents or climb up drain pipes. Just get an object that is rightfully ours, but leave the roasted chicken alone. Will pay well. Jeeze, if the UT-System can […]

Piper Danielle Wagner

Piper Danielle Wagner

August 19, 1969 – August 23, 2014 Piper Danielle Wagner, born in Houston, Texas on August 19, 1969, lost her courageous 3 ½ year battle with lung cancer on Saturday, August 23rd.  She died peacefully at her home in Pleasanton, CA with her family at her side. Piper effected many people with her loving spirit, […]

Anita Claire McNamara

July 7, 1928 – August 21, 2014 Anita Claire McNamara, age 86 formerly of Huntington, NY, and Murray, KY, beloved wife of the late James J. McNamara passed away peacefully on August 21, 2014 surrounded by family in Sugar Land, TX.  Born in New York City, NY the daughter of the late Harry and Catherine […]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google