Pet of the Week 06/07/17

Hello, my name is Cosmo.  I am a tan labrador retriever mix and I am 5 years old.  I would love to meet you.  Come by and visit with me today!

Letter about Trump off the mark

Dear Editor, The letter from Will Heierman dismissing the investigation into the Trump administration still has me scratching my head. He suggests that it’s much ado about nothing and those making the allegations are “disenfranchised gremlins.” James Comey is no disenfranchised gremlin, nor partisan flamethrower. John Boehner, who said this week that the Trump presidency […]

Pet of the Week 05/31/17

Cheddar is a very handsome, smart, social and happy fella. He always has a smile on his face and a waggle in his tail. He loves to run and play and would make a great running companion or member of an active family. He walks well on a leash, and knows the sit, shake and […]

Pet of the Week 05/24/17

Hello, my name is Bonnie.  I am a brown and black shepherd mix and I am almost 4 years old.  Come by and visit with me today.  I would love to meet you!

Letters to the Editor 05/24/17

Support the presidency Dear Editor, The fallout from the recent termination of the Director of the FBI by the President is symptomatic of something very wrong going on in America. At a time when we should be united in defense of our borders and our way of life, more attention is being spent on sowing […]

Pet of the Week 05/17/17

Hello, my name is Bee!  I am a grey and orange domestic shorthair mix and I am almost 1 and a half years old.  I would love to meet you.  Come by and visit with me today!

ROBERT LEROY ZIEGNER

AUGUST 1, 1947 – MAY 11, 2017 Robert LeRoy Ziegner was born August 1, 1947 in Chicago, Illinois and went to be with his Heavenly Father on May 11, 2017. Robert graduated Sherman High School in Sherman, TX in 1966. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology from Texas A&M-Commerce in 1979. Robert’s […]

MARY SUE OWEN AVERY

MAY 12, 1923 – MAY 6, 2017 Mary Sue Owen Avery, “Sue,” passed away on May 6, 2017. She was born May 12,1923, in Stamford, Texas, to the Reverend Joseph Archibald Owen and Mrs. Mary Julia Owen. Sue and her three siblings, Doris, Jo Ann, and Bob, were raised in the church where Rev. Owen […]

Pet of the Week 05/10/17

Hello, my name is Bear.  I am a black chow chow mix and I am almost 9 years old.  I would love to meet you.  Come by and visit with me today!

Oak Ridge Boys are talented and friendly

Dear Editor, I really enjoyed your “opinion” column about the Oak Ridge Boys. I am also a big fan of theirs. I grew up in a small town – population 10,000-12,000 called Independence, Kansas. Every year Independence has a 3-4 day event called Neewallah (Halloween spelled backwards). It is a big deal with a parade, […]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google