Category archives for: Community

Steven Wayne Goins

October 11, 1961 – October 14, 2013 Steve passed away on 10/14/13; he had been ill for the past year.  Prior to his illness he was the owner and operator of Cannon Termite & Pest Control Services, Inc. located in Sugar Land, Texas where Steve lived for the past 20 years. He is survived by […]

Stephen McCormick saves life of eight year old boy

East Texas Baptist University graduate Stephen McCormick is shown here with Sean Suppan, the recipient of the transplant.

Bone marrow transplant worked By Mike Midkiff There is an old saying that “The first impression is the last impression.” When Stephen McCormick met eight year-old Sean Suppan for the first time he said, “Sean was stronger than I had imagined.”  The meeting might not have even occurred if it were not for the bone […]

Sharon D. Heldt

Sharon D. Heldt

Sharon D. Heldt, 56, passed away of natural causes on September 10, 2013 in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  She received her bachelor’s degree at the University of Arkansas and her law degree from the University of Houston Law School.  She spent 20 years in private practice, focusing on family law, probate, real estate and bankruptcy.  Sharon volunteered […]

Webb – Junker Engagement

Amanda Ann and Julius Eric

Ken and Ann Webb of Sugar Land are happy to announce the engagement of their daughter, Amanda Ann, to Julius Eric Junker, son of Rebecca Beard Junker of Richmond and Edward Junker of Dallas. Amanda is 2000 graduate of Clements High School and a 2005 graduate of The University of North Texas with a BA […]

Reader responds to Presswood’s letter to editor

Sir, nobody said you had to read EVERY word in the paper. On more then a few occasions, I thought Bev’s Burner was off in left field and I just chose not read it that week. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water, I’ve enjoyed reading “The Star“. I’ve especially enjoyed the different […]

Not all people dislike the Conservative Voice column

Dear Editor, Please keep that ink flowing. I really like Barbara Carlson’s articles, in fact I wish you would give her more space so I could read more. Thanks, Patty Matthews

Resident says Prestwood has two choices regarding Carlson’s column

Regarding John I Prestwood’s letter to the editor in which he is asking “Fort Bend Star” to stop publishing Barbara J Carlson’s columns. We live in a free country and Mr. Prestwood can: a). Not read Mrs. Carlson’s column b). Stop picking up the paper This is a typical deplorable behavior of left when they […]

We are living in a democratic country says reader

Dear Editor, I would like to express my feeling regarding Barbara Carlson’s column.  I enjoy reading her column every week.  Of course some people may have an opposite view.  That’s okay because we don’t expect everyone would agree on every issue or one’s opinion with everyone else. If I don’t like some items display in […]

The Conservative Voice column angers some and a pat on the back from others

Dear Editor, I couldn’t agree more with the recent letter (“Star’s” 9-11-13 paper) questioning why your paper is giving space to The Conservative Voice. It’s not that I don’t want to browse conservative thought, but it ought to at least make some sense. Week after week the column appears to be a random selection of […]

Sally Ann Soutar

Sally Ann Soutar

Sally Ann Soutar, 88, passed away peacefully in Sugar Land, Texas on June 30, 2013.  Sally was born in San Francisco, California on February 19, 1925 to Edward and Betty Klonower.  She was raised in New Orleans, Louisiana and married Norman Ewing Soutar in 1946, moved to Houston, Texas in 1946 and ultimately moved to […]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google