Celebrate the arrival of spring at the Fort Bend Museum on Saturday, March 24, for Children’s Day, and it’s a free family event from noon until 5:00 p.m.
There will be plenty to do for active youngsters:
• Tour the Fort Bend Museum & historic Moore home free of charge;
• Enjoy a performance of “Meet The US Presidents” by Houston’s InterActive Theater Company (at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.);
• Make paper pots and plant seeds with the Fort Bend Master Gardeners;
• Learn about wildlife with Brazos Bend State Park;
• Watch wood-carving techniques by the Brazoria County Woodcarvers Club;
• Participate in a real archeological dig with the Fort Bend Archeological Society;
• Decorate — and eat! — cookies with the Fort Bend Museum Docents;
• See a real cotton gin, rice mill and corn grinder brought by the Fort Bend County Farm Bureau;
• Practice chores of your great-great-grandparents’ day, including clothes washing, ginning and carding;
• Watch spinning demonstrations.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the 2012 Children’s Day, please call Danielle Jennings at (281) 342-6478.