FBISD high school seniors are encouraged to apply by Thursday, June 14 for the Devard & Devaughn Darling scholarship award.
The As One Foundation Scholarship Program supports and encourages outstanding academic and/or athletic achievement, community involvement and character development in students. The program will present the Devard and Devaughn Darling High School Senior Award of $1,000) to five Fort Bend Independent School District (FBISD) high school students entering college/university during the fall or spring semester of 2012. One time award is intended for student’s educational expenses-tuition, living expenses, books or required fees.
To be eligible student must:
• Be a FBISD high school senior
• Have a minimum 2.5 GPA (4.0 Scale)
• Have a college/university admissions/acceptance letter for the fall or spring semester of 2012
To be reviewed for selection applicant must submit a complete packet to include the following:
• Official transcript – Mailed to the address listed above
• Two (2) Letters of Recommendation- completed by Counselor/Coach/Teacher/Employer
• Resume – include educational goals, career objectives, work experience, volunteer service
• Essay – typed 250 words or more on one (1) of the topics provided on the application
• Copy of college/university admissions/acceptance letter for fall or spring semester of 2012
• Applicant name and high school should be placed on all material
Application must be submitted online at http://asonefoundation.org/scholarships/application/ on or before 06/14/2012. Winners will be notified via postal mail no later than July 1, 2012.
Official transcripts must be mailed and postmarked no later than 06/14/2012 to:
As One Foundation
Devard and Devaughn Darling High School Senior Award
6725 South Fry Road
Suite 700 #296
Katy, Texas 77494
If you experience any technical difficulties when submitting application online, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will award recipients using the following criteria:
• Academic achievement and critical-thinking ability
• Breadth of interests, activities, and community involvement
• Will to succeed and desire to help others
All applications and supporting documents become the property of the As One Foundation, a 501(c) and, as such will not be returned. The Foundation is not responsible for loss, or damage of materials. To ensure a fair and objective review process, the Foundation does not comment on the selection committee’s deliberations. Recipient may use award at institution of his/her choice. In the event recipient does not enroll in college/university at time of selection, award becomes void. Award is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Award winners and respective high school will be notified. By submitting an application, the applicant accepts the conditions of the As One Foundation Scholarship Program.
Follow @AsOneFoundation www.AsOneFoundation.org