Officers for Fort Bend ISD Parent Organizations and Booster Clubs are invited to an annual meeting that will be held on Saturday, Aug. 6, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in the FBISD Administrative Annex – Main Auditorium, 3119 Sweetwater Blvd., Sugar Land.
Those in attendance will receive a FBISD Parent Organization Manual and hear a review of the latest guidelines that affect their respective organizations.
Participants will also be able to listen to and ask questions of the following guest speakers:
• FBISD Police Department —Topic: Parent Organization/Booster Club safety procedures
• FBISD Community Relations & Partnerships — Topic: Parent Volunteer Criminal Background Checks & Reporting Volunteer Hours
• Texas Comptroller’s representative — Topic: Sales Tax Compliance
• Certified Public Accountant — Topic: 501(c)(3) requirements and IRS tax filings
• Insurance Agent —Topic: Liability Insurance Coverage
• Junior Achievement — Topic: Programs to teach the key concepts of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy to FBISD students.
For more information, please contact DeAndra Gomez via email at email@example.com or by calling her at 281.634.2812.