Fort Bend ISD currently offers 10 Academy programs, eight at the high school level and two at the middle school level. Academies are personalized, small learning communities that function in a larger school with a mixture of career and academic classes offered to students. Students attending academies generally take more advanced courses in their areas of specialization and have the opportunity to earn college credit.
Deadline to apply for high school academies is December 14
FBISD Academies offered at the high school level include:
• Digital Media – Hightower High School
• Electrical Engineering – Marshall High School
• Engineering – Elkins High School
• Global Studies – Clements High School
• International Baccalaureate (IB) – Marshall High School
• International Business and Marketing – Bush High School
• Math and Science – Dulles High School
• Medical Sciences – Hightower High School
Applications for middle schools Dec. 15 – Feb. 22
Academies at the middle school level, are:
• Gifted and Talented (GT) – Quail Valley Middle School
• IB Middle Years – Missouri City Middle School
Students interested in attending a high school academy during the 2013-2014 must complete and submit the online application, which includes an essay and two teacher recommendations.
The District hosted its Annual Academy Expo in October to give families the opportunity to learn about the academy programs for the 2013-2014 school year and the application process. Each academy was represented at the event with students providing demonstrations and sharing details about their particular programs.