Fort Bend ISD more than doubled the scope of its “Grab and Go” program last week and is now offering free meals to children Monday through Friday at 23 campuses.
Breakfast will be available from 7:30-9 a.m., and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
The district had been providing the meals at 11 area campuses since March 16, after schools were closed amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The free meals are available to anyone age 18 and younger and to students with disabilities. Children do not need to be enrolled in FBISD to receive food, and as of Tuesday, parents can pick up food for children without them being present if the parents present their student’s identification card or report card, an attendance record from Skyward or a birth certificate. Without one of those things, parents will receive food only for the children with them.
FBISD has suspended classes and school-sponsored activities until at least April 10 in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The FBISD campuses offering meals are:
• Armstrong Elementary, 3440 Independence Blvd.
• Briargate Elementary, 15817 Blue Ridge Rd.
• Burton Elementary, 1625 Hunter Green Ln.
• Dulles High School, 550 Dulles Ave.
• Elkins High School, 7007 Knights Ct.
• First Colony Middle School, 3225 Austin Pkwy.
• Goodman Elementary, 1100 West Sycamore Rd.
• Heritage Rose Elementary, 636 Glendale Lakes Dr.
• Hightower High School, 3333 Hurricane Ln.
• Hodges Bend Middle School, 16510 Bissonet St.
• Hunters Glen Elementary, 695 Independence Blvd.
• Kempner High School, 14777 Voss Rd.
• Lantern Lane Elementary, 3323 Mission Valley Dr.
• McAuliffe Middle School, 16650 S. Post Oak Rd.
• Mission Bend Elementary, 16200 Beechnut St.
• Mission Glen Elementary, 16053 Mission Glen Dr.
• Missouri City Middle School, 202 Martin Ln.
• Ridge Point High School, 500 Waters Lake Blvd.
• Ridgegate Elementary, 6015 West Ridgecreek Dr.
• Ridgemont Elementary, 4910 Raven Ridge Dr.
• Rosa Parks Elementary, 19101 Chimney Rock Rd.
• Sartartia Middle School, 8125 Homeward Way
• Travis High School, 11111 Harlem Rd.