buy ultram online Vancouver buy tramadol online tramadol alcohol efectos

definition greek word soma discount soma soma akçaavlu köyü

can i take valium with effexor diazepam 5mg can i take valium with panadeine forte

ambien causes impotence buy ambien online does ambien hurt your liver

diazepam online Colorado buy valium online how much are 5mg valium worth

does xanax potentiate tramadol tramadol 50 mg dosis ponderal de tramadol

ambien causes impotence buy ambien online does ambien hurt your liver

ambient weather ws-1000 (wireless) ambien no prescription buy zolpidem Palm Bay

order alprazolam Huntington Beach buy xanax how does xanax work in dogs

schedule for tapering off ambien buy ambien online ambien and flexeril erowid

FEMA extends flood recovery to Fort Bend County

FEMAThe Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) announced that individual assistance is now available to residents affected by the recent flooding in Fort Bend County.

“We saw flooding from creeks and ditches this year that we didn’t even see last year,” said County Judge Robert Hebert. “For many residents, trusted ‘neighbors’ like Bessie’s Creek were suddenly in their yards or even in their homes.”

Bessie’s Creek was not alone in the havoc wreaked on residents, as the Barker Reservoir hit record pool elevations and held there for weeks following the torrential rainfall. Barker’s tributaries, namely the Buffalo Bayou, backed up into neighborhoods south of Katy, submerging streets and homes and leaving Westheimer Parkway flooded and closed.

For all residents in the county that were affected by the recent flooding, significant outside help has arrived.

Almost 60 damage reports filed on the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management website, along with several rounds of physical damage assessment conducted by county, state, and federal staff, allowed the Office of Emergency Management to send a compiled damage estimate to the State of Texas to unlock the additional assistance.

Fort Bend County residents, regardless of if they have filed a damage report on the county’s website or not, should now visit and file a claim with FEMA.

Disaster assistance for homeowners and renters may include grants to help pay for rent, temporary housing and home repairs, as well as other serious disaster-related needs, such as medical and dental expenses or funeral and burial costs.

Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) also are available. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. These disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other recoveries and do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations.

Texans who had storm damage should register with FEMA even if they have insurance. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but under-insured applicants may receive help after their insurance claims have been settled.

Residents and business owners should apply right away with SBA as part of the overall federal disaster recovery process, and not wait for insurance claims to settle.

People can apply for FEMA assistance online at or via smartphone or web-enabled device at Applicants may also call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CT). Multilingual operators are available

FEMA inspectors begin making appointments and visiting damaged areas as soon as people register for FEMA assistance in a declared county; the 161 registrations already in Fort Bend County will likely hear from FEMA very soon.

“The critical work is ongoing: to plan, prepare for, respond to, and mitigate against disasters of all types, including flooding,” said Jeff Braun, Emergency Management Coordinator for the county. “We have not stopped responding to this incident, and anticipate recovery taking some time. We are working alongside our residents at this time to ensure speedy and thorough recovery.”

The Office of Emergency Management in Fort Bend County is staffed by a dozen dedicated employees who spend their time ensuring that the county is prepared for any emergency, and capable of responding at a moment’s notice.

Any residents with questions or concerns about the disaster assistance process can call the Office of Emergency Management at 281-342-6185 or visit

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google
Log in | Copyright © 2011 by | All rights reserved.