Fort Bend County is proud to announce the upcoming release of a new public website on December 15. The new website will completely replace the current website and will contain many useful features including:
• A new appearance and color scheme
• Easier navigation
• eNotifications which enable users to “subscribe” to receive email notifications when certain items on the website change
• A facilities directory with the location and details about all County buildings and parks
• Forms and service requests that can be completed online and submitted to the appropriate County department
• Language translation in 65+ different languages
• A mobile device “friendly” version of the website
• Compatibility with the most popular web browser products
• And, many more features allowing for a more customer-focused and easy to use website.
The new website currently contains more than 1,100 web pages and a multitude of documents that can be viewed, downloaded or printed. Also, a slide show on the home page will feature pictures of County buildings, parks and landmarks.
Along with the release of the new website is an easier to remember web address of www.FortBendCountyTX.gov.
Ray Webb, Director of Information Technology, said, “We are very proud of the new website, which is a culmination of many months of work by members of our Information Technology team, numerous representatives from County departments and offices, and the design work and partnership with Vision Internet Providers.”
Webb would also like to remind everyone they will have to replace any bookmarks they may have set for the current County website, as the new website pages have completely different web addresses.
Any comments, suggestions or questions about the new website may be sent via email by clicking on the “Feedback” or “Webmaster” links located on most pages of the website.