All leaders of Fort Bend ISD parent organizations and booster clubs are invited to the district’s annual informational meeting to learn requirements regarding background checks, IRS tax filings, liability insurance coverage and more.
The meeting will take place on Saturday, Aug. 5, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., in the FBISD Administrative Annex Main Auditorium (3119 Sweetwater Blvd., Sugar Land). During the meeting, a panel of experts will provide guests with pertinent information to help them operate a successful organization or club. Event speakers and their topics of discussion will include:
- FBISD Director of Collaborative Communities – Reporting Volunteer Hours and Completing Criminal Background Checks
- FBISD Police Officer – Parent Organization/Theft Prevention in Schools
- FBISD Child Nutrition Department administrator– Procedures for Requesting Food Services
- Texas Comptroller’s Office representative – Sales Tax Compliance
- Certified Public Accountant – 501(c)(3) Requirements and IRS Tax Filings
Insurance Agent – Liability Insurance Coverage.
Guests will also have an opportunity to visit with potential fundraising vendors.
For more information, contact Serenity Lemond at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-634-2812.