The Fort Bend Family YMCA invites families to come and play at YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day® on Saturday, April 27 from 10 am to 1 pm.
As part of the Y’s commitment to strengthen community by addressing critical gaps in health and education, Healthy Kids Day® encourages kids and parents to commit to keeping both body and mind active this summer.
“We know that when the school year ends, many kids lose access to activities that keep them moving and learning,” said Eric Schenkelberg, district community executive director. “Healthy Kids Day will help parents begin thinking early about what their kids need to do in order to stay physically and intellectually active in the summer.”
• Healthy food presentations by Chef Tim, the healthy cooking chef
• Stepping Out DJ music and KRBE radio on site
• Information on healthy eating, healthy family interaction and healthy snacks
• Fitness challenges, outdoor activities, bounce houses and arts and crafts
• Free giveaways and many kid-friendly organizations including Chick-fil-A, Gymboree, Annie’s Angels Pet Adoptions, State Farm, Sweet and Sassy, Walgreens, Sweet Tomatoes and many more
Healthy Kids Day is a national initiative of the Y to improve the health and well-being of kids. Research shows that with a lack of activities to stimulate the mind and body, kids are more prone to gain weight and fall behind academically over the summer months.