Holy Family Catholic Church in Missouri City celebrated its 100th anniversary in its’ newly renovated church with a jubilant Centennial Mass co-celebrated by Daniel Cardinal DiNardo, Archbishop of the Galveston – Houston Diocese, Fr. Sunny Joseph, Pastor, and many invited priests from the USA, Canada and India held on Sunday, December 15.
It was in 1912 when Father George A Montrouill spearheaded the creation of the church by acquiring land at the current site at Fifth and Orchard in Missouri City. A small, wood-framed structure was built and called St. Patrick’s Chapel. Later, a new church was established in a donated building and land in Stafford and re- named Holy Family.
By 1948, a new church had been built, but it eventually became too small for the burgeoning parish. To accommodate the growing congregation, the parish returned to its original site in Missouri City in 1974, after building the current classroom and office building. Mass was held in the Hall until the current church was finished in 1979.