Fort Bend County Libraries’ Sienna Branch Library, 8411 Sienna Springs Blvd in Missouri City, will host a five-part series on diabetes health and management, “Do Well, Be Well with Diabetes,” which will take place on Tuesdays, February 5, 12, 19, 26, and March 5, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm, in the Large Meeting Room of the library.
The series will be conducted by Sandra Fry, MS, CFCS, a Family and Consumer Sciences Agent with the Texas AgriLife Extension Service of Fort Bend County. The sessions cover various aspects of living with Type 2 diabetes, including adjusting dietary requirements, managing blood glucose, reading nutrition labels, exercising, tips for dining out, medications, and preventing and managing complications. People who are interested in attending are encouraged to attend all five sessions.
The schedule is as follows:
• February 5 – “What is Diabetes?” and “Nutrition: First Step to Diabetes Management”
• February 12 – “One Diabetes Diet – No Longer the Sole Option” and “Managing Your Blood Glucose”
• February 19 – “Nutritional Labels” and “Diabetes and Exercise”
• February 26 – “For Good Measure at Home and Eating Out” and “Diabetes Medicines”
• March 5 – “Preventing and Managing Complications”
The program is free and open to the public. For more information, call the branch library at 281-238-2900 or the library’s Public Information Office at 281-341-2677.