“Gulf Coast Reads: On the Same Page
Fort Bend County Libraries joins a number of libraries, schools, colleges, museums, bookstores, and other organizations in the Gulf Coast region for the “Gulf Coast Reads: On the Same Page” reading initiative to restore reading to the center of American culture.
Communities around the area are encouraged to come together to read and discuss one book. Throughout the months of October and November, book discussions are planned at various locations in the Fort Bend County library system so that fellow readers can sit down together and discuss the 2012 “Gulf Coast Reads” selection, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, a novel written by Jonathan Safran Foer.
Join a book club discussion at one of the following locations:
• October 8, 1:00 pm – University Branch Library Book Club
o 14010 University Blvd, Sugar Land
• October 8, 1:30 pm – Sienna Branch Library Book Club
o 8411 Sienna Springs Blvd, Missouri City
• October 16, 7:00 pm – Talk Back Book Club at Missouri City Branch Library
o 1530 Texas Parkway
• October 18, 12:00 noon – George Memorial Library – Book Break
o 1001 Golfview, Richmond
• November 8, 1:00 pm – Sugar Land Branch Library – Book Break
o 550 Eldridge
• November 19, 12:00 noon – Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library
o 8100 FM 359 South, Fulshear
• November 27, 7:00 pm – Sugar Land Branch Library – Book Club
o 550 Eldridge
• November 28, 1:30 pm – First Colony Branch Library – Book Club
o 2121 Austin Parkway, Sugar Land
These events are free and open to the public. For more information, call the Fort Bend County Libraries’ Public Information Office at 281-341-2677.