The Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce is hosting Sugar Land Mayor Joe Zimmerman as he give the 10th annual State of the City Address on Monday, Feb. 12, at the Sugar Land Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, located at 16090 City Walk.
Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m., followed by Zimmerman’s presentation of Sugar Land accomplishments in 2017 and goals for 2018. Some of those include the following:
- Completion of the annexation of the Greatwood and New Territory communities;
- The city’s response and recovery efforts related to Hurricane Harvey;
- Sugar Land’s recently reaffirmed “AAA” bond rating, a reflection of the city’s strong financial resiliency;
- Grand opening of the Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land and adjacent plaza;
- Brazos River Park and Festival Site grand openings;
- Acquisition of the Central Unit prison site; and
- Continued work to update the city’s future land use plan, a document that guides development within the city.
Sponsorships and registration are still available by contacting Matthew Ferraro at 281-491-0277 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by registering online at www.FortBendChamber.com.