Community unity will shine through again this year in Missouri City as citizens and the city partner to host the eighth annual “Operation Thanksgiving—Stuff the Squad Car and Fire Truck!” on Saturday, Nov. 19, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Public Safety Headquarters, 3849 Cartwright Road.
All city departments are collaborating to sponsor the operation, one of the city’s most popular charitable events, and donations will assist families in need during the holiday season. Residents are encouraged to come out and fill at least 10 Missouri City police squad cars and two fire and rescue services trucks with canned and non-perishable food items.
The goods will be donated to the Second Mile Mission Center, Bethel Ministry and the Fort Bend County Women’s Center.
If residents would like to drop-off donations before Saturday, Nov. 19, they are welcome to deliver them to the following City facilities:
• Police and Fire Departments, 3849 Cartwright Road.
• City Hall, 1522 Texas Pkwy.
• Permits and Inspections in the City Hall Complex, 1522 Texas Pkwy.
• Human Resources in the City Hall Complex, 1522 Texas Pkwy.
• Municipal Court, 3845 Cartwright Road.
• Recreation and Tennis Center, 2701 Cypress Point Dr.
• Police Department Mini-Station, 1700-A Texas Pkwy.
• Fire Station 1: 3849 Cartwright Road.
• Fire Station 2: 12043 McLain Blvd.
• Fire Station 3: 2496 Texas Pkwy.
• Fire Station 4: 5955 Sienna Pkwy.
• Fire Station 5: 190 Waters Lake Blvd.
For more information, contact Officer Jazton Heard at 281-403-5825 or Battalion Chief Michelle Braswell at 281-403-4350.
Residents interested in volunteering to assist at the event may contact Media Relations Specialist III Cory Stottlemyer at 281-403-8532 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.