Looking for a whirlwind of free fun right here in your backyard? Clear your calendars for six hours of non-stop family fun at the grand opening of Missouri City’s new Recreation and Tennis Center on Saturday, July 14, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Whether you love to walk, run, cycle, dribble on a full court, trade volleys with a tennis racket or build up your muscle, many recreational activities will be the center of your attention at 2701 Cypress Point Dr.
SportsTalk 790 AM’s Danny Arnold, host of “The Arnold Factor” on Saturdays, will broadcast the opening live and exciting exercise entertainment will feature:
• A Tennis Main Event: Stafford Mayor Leonard Scarcella vs. Missouri City Mayor Pro Tem Jerry Wyatt.
• A Super Spin: Put the pedal to the metal and turn the wheels of a stationary bicycle round and round with Recreation Specialist Lauren Carrier who will lead a class with this heart-thumping exercise; all to the beat of popular tunes.
• Wheelchair Sports: Athletes will compete in basketball and tennis
• “Picture Perfect” Lessons: Students from Prairie View A&M University will provide photography tips
• Creative Crafts: 4-H in Fort Bend County will share their arts and crafts talents
• Twist, Shout and Tumble: Cheerleading and tumbling experts will showcase their skills
• Bend & Stretch Your Body: A Yoga instructor will hold a boot camp for participants
• Fresh from the Farm: Three Farmers Market vendors will sell fresh fruits, vegetables and other nutritious goodies
• Take a Tour: Staff will give visitors guided tours of the new facility, which boasts fitness and cardio rooms, a Kids’ Zone, a full-size gym, multi-purpose rooms and tennis courts.
• Gifts, Gifts, Gifts: Giveaways will include water bottles, towels, T-shirts, and drawstring bags
In addition, the Arc of Fort Bend County and other community organizations will attend to promote other activities to residents and visitors.
If you want to permanently play at our state-of-the-art facility; here are competitive rates for you and your family:
Annual membership fees will be as follows:
• Youth Individual (18-years-old and younger):
Resident—$110 per year
Non-resident—$165 per year
• Adult Individual (19- to 64-years-old):
Resident—$275 per year
Non-resident—$385 per year
• Senior Individual (65 years old and older):
Resident—$165 per year Non-resident—$198 per year
Resident—$440 per year
Non-resident—$660 per year
The Tennis and Recreation Center Monthly membership fees are as follows:
• Youth Individual:
Resident—$10 per month
Non-resident—$15 per month
• Adult Individual:
Resident—$25 per month
Non-resident—$35 per month
• Senior Individual:
Resident—$15 per month Non-resident—$18 per month
Resident—$40 per month
Non-resident—$45 per month
A daily guest pass is $5 per day.
Tennis court usage fees are:
• General Public court time—$6 per 90 minutes
• League, tournaments court time—$7 per 90 minutes
A complete list is available on the City’s website— www.missouricitytx.gov.
In addition, current members of the existing Community Center will receive six months of free membership at the new Recreation and Tennis Center to reward their loyalty.