Three are from Fort Bend County
Police participating in “Operation Broken Heart” recently arrested 13 men, including three from Fort Bend County, who attempted to have sex with children they met online.
The two-month operation was conducted by the Houston Metro Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce and included officers from the Sugar Land Police Department, the Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office, the Rosenberg Police Department, the Katy ISD Police Department, the Houston Police Department, Harris County Constable Precinct 1, the Webster Police Department, the Katy Police Department and the Chamber’s County Sheriff’s Office. The Federal Bureau of Investigation and Homeland Security Investigations also participated.
Task force officers engaged in communication with suspects using social media websites accessible to adults and children. Through online communication, officers were able to direct suspects attempting to engage in sexual contact with children to another location where the online predators were arrested.
The following suspects were arrested and charged with online solicitation of a minor, a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison and attempted sexual assault of a child, a third-degree felony punishable by two to 10 years in prison.
- Alfonso Salinas, 23, of Houston
- Levi James, 36, of Louisiana
- Mario Lopez, 25, of Houston
- Juan Pena, 42, a registered sex offender from Houston
- Roydell Cleaver, 66, of Houston
- Quincy Milton, 25, of Richmond
- Dennis Pineda, 28, of Humble
- Jonathan Lucio, 30, of Rosenberg
- Raul Garcia, 20, of Wharton
- Adrian Botello, 19, of Houston
- Jacob Payne, 24, of Houston
- Justin Miles, 28, of Houston
- Michel Rodriguez, 27, of Cypress
The following men were arrested and charged with state and federal crimes including possession, promotion or distributing of child pornography.
- Brandon Brewster, 28, of Richmond
- Robert Haney, 48, of Houston
- Nathan Potter, 31, of Huntsville.