Formal dedication of the Pittsville historical marker erected in December will be held in nearby Fulshear on Saturday, March 24.
Fort Bend County Historical Commission officers will conduct the event in the Bob Lutts Fulshear-Simonton Library beginning at 10 a.m.
Pittsville was among the earlier communities of coastal Texas and flourished during the middle and late 1800’s. Although centered in far northwest Fort Bend County, the community extended into Austin (later Waller) County.
The metal Texas Historical Commission marker stands on FM 359 between Fulshear and Brookshire, near the onetime commercial heart of Pittsville just south of the Fort Bend County line.
Text of the marker was researched and written by county commission member Clint Drake.
The Fort Bend County Museum in Richmond will open an exhibit on Pittsville in conjunction with the marker dedication. Phone the museum at 281/342-6478 for a timetable of the exhibit.