Registration for the Fort Bend ISD 2012-2013 Prekindergarten (PreK) Program will take place at select FBISD elementary schools on May 1, 2 and 3 beginning at 9:00 am each day. To qualify for the Prekindergarten program, a child must be:
• a resident within the FBISD boundaries
• four years old on or before September 1, 2012
• unable to speak or comprehend the English language eligible for free/reduced lunch according to federal guidelines
• homeless, in foster care (currently or previously), or have a parent currently on active military duty (or injured or killed while on active duty)
The following campuses will have PreK programs for the 2012-2013 school year: Armstrong*, Barrington Place, Blue Ridge, Briargate, Colony Meadows, Drabek, Fleming*, Glover, Heritage Rose, Highlands, Holley*, Hunters Glen, Jones*, Mission Bend, Mission Glen, Mission West*, Parks*, Pecan Grove, Quail Valley, Ridgegate*, Ridgemont Early Childhood Center*, Seguin, Settlers Way and Townewest. (*indicates campuses that will offer bilingual PreK classes)
To register a child for PreK, parents will need the following original documents:
• child’s birth certificate (or its equivalent)
• social security card (If unavailable, a state ID number will be assigned.)
• proof of residence (deed, lease or mortgage agreement AND a current utility bill such as gas, water or electric)
• child’s immunization records
• income verification (last month pay stubs)
• unexpired Texas driver’s license (or other government provided photo ID of the parent or guardian) that contains the address of the parent or guardian residing within the FBISD boundaries
All applications will be processed on a “first-come, first-served” basis, and spots will not be held due to missing documents. Also, since FBISD does not provide transportation for the PreK program, parents may register their child at any PreK campus.
For more information, please call Fleming Elementary School at 281-634-4600 or FBISD’s Even Start office at 281-634-1140.