Serve city government through service on boards, commissions

Sugar Land is looking for volunteers interested in giving their time, energy and expertise to serve as members on the Planning and Zoning Commission and Building Standards Commission.

Applications must be submitted electronically by April 10 at 5 p.m. through the Serve Sugar Land website at Both groups provide valuable insight and advice on various issues and events.

The Planning and Zoning Commission makes recommendations to City Council concerning the use of land and other planning functions. The commission promotes orderly development through the review of development applications, master plans and zoning regulations.

The Building Standards Commission is a quasi-judicial panel consisting of members who have knowledge of property maintenance codes and are qualified by experience and training to decide matters related to building construction and property maintenance.

Boards and commissions are essential to the operation of city government. For more information on the board and commission application, nomination, interview and appointment process, contact the Office of the City Secretary at 281-275-2730 or email

Comments are closed

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search with Google
Log in | Copyright © 2016 by | All rights reserved.