Fireworks to “Light Up the Texas Sky”
The Sugar Land Skeeters pyrotechnics shows will light up the sky over Texas 16 times in the inaugural season the ballclub announced Friday. The post-game fireworks extravaganzas for the Inaugural Season are brought to you by Houston Area Chevy Dealers, the official sponsor for the fireworks series. The shows will be produced by nationally acclaimed production company Pryotechnico.
The fireworks schedule begins opening weekend as the excitement and entertainment of opening day will be capped off with a firework display presented by Republic Services. The entertainment will continue as each of the first three games of opening weekend will have a firework display celebrating the start of the inaugural season.
The first of three patriotic themed firework displays begin Friday, May 25 with the “Red, White & Boom” show in celebration of Memorial Day Weekend. Join the Skeeters on July 5 for the “Pops in the Park Independence Day Celebration”.
Families will enjoy an “All-American” experience with fireworks, baseball and a music performance by a fifty person delegation of the Fort Bend Symphony. If one show was not enough, the weekend gets a second helping of fireworks after the July 7 game.
Selected shows will provide fans with a new multi-media experience. The themed presentations will incorporate music and video, synchronized perfectly as the shells are launched into the Texas sky and burst over Constellation Field. These thrilling themed shows will include a Star Wars designed show on June 8 and a Batman themed show on July 13, Country Music themed show on July 27 and an Elvis themed show on August 24. The Skeeters will close the season with fireworks during Closing Ceremonies Sept. 23.
Every Friday home game with one exception, July 6, will feature fireworks. Firework shows will begin immediately following the games, weather permitting. The Skeeters will announce the remainder of their promotional schedule, including giveaways, appearances, postgame concerts, hilarious performers and more at a later date. All promotional dates, including fireworks shows, are subject to change.
Season tickets, eight game ticket plans starting at just $80 and group tickets for the 2012 Skeeters season are available online at www.SugarLandSkeeters.com, in person 16160 City Walk in Sugar Land Town Square, or by calling 281.240.4487.
2012 Fireworks Series Schedule:
• April 26 (7:05 p.m.) Opening Day Fireworks
• April 27 (7:05 p.m.) May 11 (7:05 p.m.) – Friday Night Fireworks
• May 25 (7:05 p.m.) – Red, White & Boom Memorial Day Weekend Fireworks
• June 8 (7:05 p.m.) – Batman Themed Friday Night Fireworks
• June 22 (7:05 p.m.) – Friday Night Fireworks
• July 5 (7:05 p.m.) – Pops in the Park Independence Day Celebration
• June 7 (7:05 p.m.) – Fireworks
• July 13 (7:05 p.m.) – Star Wars Themed Friday Night Fireworks
• July 27 (7:05 p.m.) – Country Music Themed Friday Night Fireworks
• August 10 (7:05 p.m.) – Friday Night Fireworks
• August 24 (7:05 p.m.) – Elvis Themed Friday Night Fireworks
• September 7 (7:05 p.m.) – Friday Night Fireworks
• September 21(7:05 p.m.) – Friday Night Fireworks
• September 23 (6:05 p.m.) – Closing Ceremonies Fireworks