On Monday the Skeeters began a seven-game road trip, with the first of four against the Bridgeport Bluefish that began with a 5-3 game one win.
The Skeeters jumped in front first, getting two runs in the second on a Kevin Rios double and added another run in the third on a Travis Scott homerun to go up 3-0. Both teams exchanged solo runs the rest of the way and Sugar Land goes on to win by that final.
The win was a big one, as Somerset blew a late lead and the Skeeters are now up by 2 ½ games in the Atlantic League’s Freedom division, with the race for the first half playoff spot officially on, with 14 games to go.
Attendance to the game was 1,514.
• Kevin Rios 2-4, (2) 2B, 2 RBI R
• Travis Scott: 1-4, HR, RBI, R, SB
• Reid Gorecki: 2-4, BB, R, 2 SB
• Adam Godwin: 2-5, 2B
• C. Everts: (Picked up win in relief) 3IP, H, 4K
• Bullpen (C. Everts, R. Giron, J. Bergmann)
5IP, 2H, R (0ER), 7K