Congratulations to Fort Bend ISD students who won top honors at the Texas History Day competition. Several students placed in the top 10 of their divisions, with 11 students placing in the top four of their categories. Travis High School’s Eric Saldanha has advanced to the national competition after placing first in his category.
FBISD students earned the following top awards at the competition:
• 1st place, Senior Individual Website – Eric Saldanha (Perestroika: Deadly Reform for an Unstable State), Travis High School (Matt Lyons, teacher)
• 3rd place, Junior Individual Exhibit – Raj Rao (India’s Green Revolution), Sartartia Middle School (Debbie Engle, teacher)
• 3rd place, Junior Group Website – Jenny Liu and Cher Liu (Impressionism’s Revolution: Achille-Claude Debussy), Quail Valley Middle School (Kari Johnson, teacher)
• 4th place, Junior Group Performance – Natasha Muppala, Smirthi Ramachandran, Zibaa Pirani (From Myth to Medical Breakthrough: Edward Jenner and the Smallpox Vaccine), Sartartia Middle School (Judy Carter, teacher)
• Special Award, Texas History Junior Group Exhibit – Sanjana Kalvakuntla, Kiran Patel, Sanjana Kapoor and Dara Lawal (Co-Education Integration: How Women Transformed the Face of Texas A&M), Sartartia Middle School (Damien Bassett, teacher)