Scheduled to begin on Friday, May 31, 2013 the intersection of US 90A at SH 99 will undergo a total closure so that the contractor constructing the toll road can set bridge beams over the intersection. The closure will impact the traveling public for three (3) consecutive weekends, as well as some weekday overnight closures. The following is the schedule for the intersection closures:
• Friday, May 31 at 8:00 pm through Monday, June 3rd at 5:00 am
• Friday, June 7 at 8:00 pm through Monday, June 10th at 5:00 am
• Friday, June 14 at 8:00 pm through Monday, June 17th at 5:00 am
• Monday night, June 3rd through Thursday, June 6th beginning nightly at 8:00 pm until 5:00 am the next morning
• Monday night, June 10th through Thursday, June 13th beginning nightly at 8:00 pm until 5:00 am the next morning
Traffic detours around the US 90A intersection will utilize the Sandhill Drive and FM 1464 intersections to minimize inconvenience and additional trip time for the traveling public.
All intersections will be well marked with signage and traffic control devices indicating the intersection closure and detour routes; signs and traffic control devices will be placed on Friday morning, May 31st. In advance of the intersection closing, dynamic message boards will be located at the US 90A at SH 99 intersection announcing the scheduled intersection closures that begin on Friday night May 31st. These message boards will be placed on Friday, May 17th. To assist with potential traffic delays and motorist detours, certified peace officers will be on-site throughout the course of the closures.
Their goal is to minimize traffic delays while ensuring the safety of the traveling public at all times. The traveling public may want to consider alternative routes, as they are available, to avoid delay. We apologize for the inconvenience created by this mobility improvement project. Segment D of the Grand Parkway Toll Road is scheduled for completion at the end of 2013.