Six people from Sugar Land’s volunteer service program were recognized for their service to the city during a virtual city council meeting on April 20.
Since 2007, the city annually selects a volunteer from each department who “fosters an atmosphere of community and enhances the delivery of city services by sharing their skills,” according to a news release.
Sugar Land’s 2020 volunteers of the year are:
- Albon Wu (Parks and Recreation);
- Laaiqa Muhammad (Animal Services);
- Unna Ramanathan (T.E. Harman Center);
- Gabriel Rodriguez (Planning and Development Services);
- Brenda Frye (Municipal Court);
- Ted Lieb (Community Assistance Support Team)
According to the city, the six volunteers recognized contributed more than 883 hours of volunteer service last year, which the city said equates to more than $24,000 in in-kind donations.
To learn more about how to become a volunteer with the City of Sugar Land, visit volunteer.sugarlandtx.gov or call 281-275-2900.